Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lake of the Ozarks Weekend

While organizing photos I realized I never told you about our family trip to Lake of the Ozarks.  We spent the Labor Day weekend with my husband's family in a house on the lake.  



It rained most of the weekend and one afternoon we decided to take all the kids to a local attraction called Bridal Cave.  

 

Over 2,000 couples have come from around the world to be married in front of this formation.  It's pretty....it's a cool formation but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be married in front of it.  Such a strange tradition. 



Since it was 100 degrees above ground I really didn't pack for 52 degree cave weather.  My poor children are wearing shirts I had bought the day before at the outlet mall.




When we came above ground the rain had stopped and the sun was shining!


The sun was shining....which meant time for swimming!


Poor Bubby still had his cast on and couldn't swim.  He sat on the dock and fished all weekend....really he couldn't have been happier.

 
And waved to passing boats.


My whole life I've heard about people going to Lake of Ozarks for vacation and I've always thought of it as this GRAND place....boy was I surprised.   Here is our luxury sweet.  Twin beds.....twin beds where my feet hung off the end and it smelled vaguely of someone else.  It was like staying in a frat house.....I tried not to think about it.



The view was beautiful!  No reason to spend any time inside.  



This classy place was on the way out of town.  Home decor AND live bait.  What else could you want??



No comments: