Monday, October 8, 2012

Indian Corn Wreath

Happy Fall!  It finally feels like fall around here this week.  Cool, crisp and the leaves are just starting to turn.  

My sister-in-law, Kim, gave me a bunch of beautiful Indian Corn last month and I couldn't wait to make a wreath out of it.  I've seen a couple different ones on Pinterest and I thought this one looked the easiest.  


I had a wire wreath frame that had been a diaper wreath when my daughter was born...9 years ago. Yes, I've been carrying it around for 9 years.  Couldn't bare to get rid of it.  I finally ripped it apart and using the green florist wire I wired the Indian Corn to the frame.

When it was first made all the shucks stuck out perfectly and it looked a little sparse but after the rain hit it once I think it looks a little fuller.  The corn seemed to swell up a bit and the shucks are all messy and I kinda like that.  Hopefully we'll have our own Indian Corn next year because The Hunter can't wait to take it apart and plant them.

Thanks Kim!!

No comments: