Thursday, September 6, 2012

Swampmaster!

Last week we picked the kids up from school and took them to the DuQuoin State Fair.  I had gone earlier in the week with a friend to eat look at the sites eat and watch the bull riding.  While there I saw there was an alligator show and I KNEW my little alligator loving kids would LOVE to see it!!

We got there early and staked out some GREAT seats so we wouldn't miss any of the Swampmaster action.  You see this guys arms??  Crazy!  I guess you need arms like that when you are in the water on top of 8 foot alligators.  It was a very entertaining and educational show.


It was SO hot but Bubby wouldn't move from his spot.  Loved EVERY minute of it.  Cool!  Did you see that mom!!?


They asked for volunteers from the audience.  I told the kids to GET UP!! and started making some noise.  He picked Sissy to come up on stage and hold a baby alligator.  Bubby was NOT happy about it but I think he didn't pick him cause of his arm.

One EXCITED kid!


He handed her that alligator and she smiled from ear to ear.  She couldn't have been happier.



Pictures usually cost but since Sissy had been in the show he said I could take as many as I wanted for free.  He even let Bubby come up on stage and hold one end of the alligator.  I thought if this kid doesn't get to hold this alligator I'm NEVER going to hear the end of it!  I tried to give him money anyway and he refused.  He told me he is paid very well and he loved that my kids LOVED the alligators.  How cool is that?  What a great guy!

Photography not that great.  Using an old, small camera that would fit in my purse. Didn't want to carry around my big one.  And NO I don't have an iphone!

When Bubby got up on stage he headed right for the alligator pool and the Swampmaster had to grab him.  I think he may have jumped in with them given the chance.  On the way out we got to see some Tigers and the kids told me is was the BEST day they have ever had.

Thanks Swampmaster!!

1 comment: