Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Warrior Dash

A couple of weeks ago I did the craziest thing I think I've EVER done.  I signed up for and ran in a Warrior Dash.  The Warrior Dash is a 5k with 14 obstacles built into the course.  And mud...lot's of mud.  Mud to crawl through.  Mud to slide through and mud to dive into.  It was GREAT!

I am really not competitive.  Don't get me wrong I like to win...who doesn't?  But when it comes to races, games and sporting events I always take it with a grain of salt.  It's a game...we lost...whatever.  But for some reason I was drawn to this race.  I wanted to prove something to myself.  

That's me....4th from the right!

I workout at BodyFit and everyday I have the most amazing people surrounding me.  Very positive and supportive!  Without them I would have never had the nerve to try this event.  I seriously was talked into this and I am SO glad I did it!!  Peer pressure is a crazy thing!!  Sometimes it can even be a good thing. 




Shawnee, Me!, Kristen, Lisa  

We ran the 5k through the woods, field and creeks.  It didn't even feel like a 5k!!  At the 2.5 mile mark I was thinking 'really??  I have already run 2.5 miles?'  I don't like to run so this a big deal for me.  The obstacles were actually a lot of fun.  I was nervous thinking about climbing walls or ropes but once I got into it I discovered I could do it!  No problem!!  We ran and did all the obstacles as a group...no man left behind.  We could have done it a lot faster every man for themselves but we agreed to run as a group and it was a lot more fun.  


Duct tape to keep our shoes on.  Mine are yellow!

To be honest I think I have been training for this race my entire life.  I spent most of my childhood running the fields and creeks.  Who would have thought I would do it as an adult??

And you aren't going to believe this but I'm doing it again!  I signed up for the Big Dawg Dare race on Saturday.  There are no pictures of the event on the website and we haven't had rain since Easter so I'm praying for some mud...otherwise it's going to be a long, hot, dry race.  Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

created by ~donnaK said...

run like the wind girl!!!

Rachel said...

YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!