Monday, May 14, 2012

Strawberry Time!

Yah it's Strawberry time at Backwood Berry Farm!!  I was down to my LAST half a bag of frozen berries.  Good thing the season was early this year.  


I was able to get almost 40 pounds picked.  This years berries are SO much prettier, bigger and better tasting that last years.


I stemmed them all and froze them whole.  I add them to all my smoothies.  I don't need any jam right now but if I do in the coming months I can always thaw some out and make jam.

3 comments:

created by ~donnaK said...

Absolutely LOVE strawberries! Those look amazing.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

There's nothin' quite like fresh picked fruits and berries. They're the best! I know...since I live on an organic farm. ;)

Thanks for visiting The Brambleberry Cottage. I'm so glad you found me on Pinterest. I have a weekly linky party - Time Travel Thursday - if you care to join. Hope to see you again soon.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Amanda said...

Dude...I was impressed with my twenty or so pounds...you rock!