Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spring Turkey Hunting

The Hunter got a turkey this past weekend!  


Nothing says 'great family moment' like everyone gathered around a dead bird smiling.  Everyone has made fun of the picture next to the roses but I swear this was The Hunter's idea.  Every dead bird picture needs a pop of color.  Nobody but the turkey thinks this is awkward I swear!  (The bow laying on the turkey was made by Bubby so he can 'hunt like daddy. )  


My sisters friend, Bekah, wanted to experience turkey hunting so The Hunter took her with him.  Was I jealous of them going off in the woods together?  Well...let's think about this....they left at 4am.  They sat in the tick-infested woods.  He kills a turkey and they drag is back to the house....all before I got up.  Nope...not jealous at all!


They seemed to have ball though.....and that's all that matters.  THEY being the hunters NOT the turkey.

2 comments:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

My hubby is a hunter, too. Funny thing is, we have turkey walking all around our farm, sometimes within 60-100 feet of our doors, and he's never killed a single one. Go figure! ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Grant Carmichael said...

Yep, us dads like to bring home our birds for family pics... I can't wait until my girls are old enough to go turkey hunting with dad.

Grant
Turkey Hunting | Grand Slam Network