Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Dinner







A couple of months ago we let a hen sit on 8 eggs.  

Out of the 8 eggs 5 baby chicks hatched.  




4 of the chicks have made it to adulthood.  


Sounds pretty good, huh?  Except 3 of the 4 are male.  





Which means we had a total of 4 (FOUR!) roosters on the property.  There is absolutely NO room around here for 4 roosters.  Let me introduce you to my boys.  



Meet Crockpot.  He's pretty isn't he?  Hate to see him go.  


Meet Stewpot.  


 And last....meet Frying Pan.  



Did you say Frying Pan?!?  




 Only need for 1 Rooster around here.  I'm sure the Hens thank me.

Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those names are simply too funny! I told my Mum and she just about died laughing!

created by ~donnaK said...

HAHAHAHA Best Easter Story I've heard in a LONG time...not including the resurrection of course, but Golly Day girl...you made a 14 hour trip worth coming home to. Hope PETA don't hop on this one! hahaha Still cracking up...