Monday, April 23, 2012

My Review of Titanic...in 3D

Spoiler Alert!!  If you don't want to know how the movie Titanic ends then don't read this post.  I do not want to be responsible for ruining the ending for you.

...............................................................................................


I really love the movie Titanic and went to see it in 3D last week with my friend Jennifer.  Yes, I have seen it a million times on tv and I have to admit I have now paid to see this movie 5 times.  Well....let's be honest...I didn't actually PAY the first 4 times because, at the time, my sister was working at a movie theater and let's just say she sometimes looked the other way when certain people walked in.  It's ok to tell this on her cause the movie theatre is no longer in business....hmmm....wonder why???

The first time I saw it I am not ashamed to say I bawled like a baby but this time I didn't shed a single tear.  I think we laughed and may have even made fun of a couple of scenes.  There was also someone opening up a jumbo-size bag of chips the ENTIRE movie so it made it hard to concentrate sometimes.  As far as 3D movies go this one was ok. I think a 3D movie needs to be shot the first time as a 3D movie but it was fun.  I liked being able to see a favorite movie on the big screen.

First time I saw this movie I was SO caught up in the love story and the dramatic sinking that I didn't pick up on just how selfish Rose was.  Jack was a VERY resourceful guy.  He could have totally figured out a way off that ship before it sunk but he had to stay and save Rose.  And let's be honest...what exactly was he saving her from?  A lifetime of beautiful dresses, fancy houses, cooks and chauffeurs??  Yeah yeah...I know....she needed more.  She needed love.  Whatever.....

Ok...so Titanic sinks (don't blame me for telling you the ending!  I told you not to read this post if you didn't now how it ended.)  and Jack saves Rose ONCE AGAIN and puts her on a door.  And let's be honest...it's a BIG door.

source
It's a big huge door built in 1912.  It's solid.  They didn't build things poorly in 1912.  It could have held 2 people.  They could have at least taken turns.  I think she was pretty selfish to lay on that door while he was in the water.  But I guess that is in Rose's character.....

I found this picture on Pinterest and it just proves there was room for 2!

waste so much time
At this point some will say that the weight of 2 people would have sunk the door.  But they could have at least taken turns and using their legs powered the door like a boat away from the crash site.  They could have made an effort instead of just waiting for rescue...typical...so American.

And on another thought.....what are Jack's last words to Rose before the ship goes under?  "Never let go Rose...never let go of me."  So, what does she do?  She lets go as he is sucked down with the ship.  Then when one of the lifeboats comes back for her what does she do?  She let's go of Jack AGAIN, jumps off the door and manages to swim to rescue. Seems VERY fishy to me.  How did she know he was REALLY dead?  He could have been in a hypothermia induced coma (that's my medical opinion).  I think there needs to be some kind of investigation.  She cheated on her fiancee.  Stole a necklace from him.  Her new 'fiancee' drowned and then she started all over again.  Very interesting....

waste so much time
I hope I haven't ruined the movie for you.  I hope you already knew the ship was going to sink.  And if that is not enough I will leave you with this picture.......
http://i.imgur.com/pzsHO.png
.....it was filmed in a swimming pool!


Disclaimer:  This review is entirely MY opinion.  No one asked me to make sarcastic remarks about this movie or the characters.  

2 comments:

created by ~donnaK said...

I SO would have gone to see that with you girlie.....I got moans when I suggested we go from my daughter and hubby! hahaha

Dawn G said...

Thanks for outing me! My movie theater career is over....although one day when I am rich I will own a 3 hole "dollar" theater and will play different movies EVERY day. Just one of my plans...