Thursday, October 20, 2011

Finally.....Fall Party

When someone asks me my favorite season I really have to say the season I am in at that moment.  I do like summer.  I like fall.  I like winter and spring.  I like them all for many different reasons.  But this summer I had a really hard time with.  It's been a REALLY long and HOT summer this year.  Weeks and weeks of high 90's and 100 degree temps can really take it out of a body.  



I was REALLY looking forward to fall this year and now it's here!  Woohoo!!  All this coolness and damp feels like a tall drink of water for my skin.  All summer while my friend Susan and I were laying by the pool we were thinking of THIS party....A Fall Party!

A Fall Party where we could make all the yummy foods we have been seeing on Pinterest all summer.  Yummy goodies like Scarecrow Crunch.  



Pumpkin Cookies.



Pumpin Bars...Yummy!!

What party isn't complete without a S'more Stand.


It was a total carb-fest and it was GREAT!


There was a tiny bit of protein...hotdogs over the fire.  *wink


A small neighborhood 'hay-ride'.





And of course....S'MORES!!


It was a chilly night with a warm fire and good friends.  It's been a long time since I've been to a party where everyone...adults and children got along.  That really does sound bad doesn't it?  I need to get out more.  I think we had 7 children playing together perfectly till 11pm when we had to drag them all home.  


I learned my friends don't think I can mix drinks well but I can drive a Gator in the dark around the neighborhood at midnight....or maybe it was only 8pm.  I don't know....seemed like midnight.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Great post! I agree - I love each season for totally different reasons :)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

The party looks so fun! I love to sit by a fire and just bake my tired bones, smores make it even better. I can't wait til Heritage Festival at SIC, make sure you come by my booth and say hi.