Friday, June 10, 2011

10 Things NEVER to Say to a Stay-At-Home Mom



1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job? (My baby will be going off to Kindergarden in the fall and I've been asked this SO many times in the last couple of months!)

2. How June Cleaver of you! (Going to have to get me some pearls!) 

3. Oh, so you don't work? (Nope!  Never!  I just lay around all day)

4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow? (Or could you watch my kids for me?  They will be no trouble...they will just play with yours all day.) 



5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.  (Once had a mon tell me REPEATEDLY she would 'shoot herself in the head if she had to stay home with her kids'.)

6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either. (Yup...we're rich.  Just keep thinking that.)  

7. What do you do all day, anyway? (Same thing your cleaning lady does but with 2 kids messing it up right behind me.)  

8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree. (????)

9. That explains why your son is so clingy! (Makes about as much since as 'that explains why your son will end up in jail'.)  

10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean. (Yeah, it was clean yesterday...sorry you missed it.)




-Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends

Reprinted with Permission of Hearst Communications, Inc. Originally Published: 10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/05/31/hearstmagfamily5277360.DTL#ixzz1OoX8YzVf

5 comments:

The Sieglaff Scoop said...

THANK YOU! Every single one of the 10 I can relate to! And every single one is equally annoying when asked of me. :)

The Sieglaff Scoop said...

Oh and I stumbled upon your lovely blog from the 10 on Tuesday with It's a Crafty Life.

KateB said...

as a SAHM, I've actually had people say those things to me LOL!! My own daughter says #7 to me all the time and I tell her that I work 2nd shift...3pm-11pm for her, daddy and brother!

Amanda said...

I love this list! I'm not a SAHM but it made me laugh! I can't believe someone would say some of those things!!

It's a Crafty Life said...

Ha, can't believe people say those things. I'm sure they're just a little bit sad they can't stay home too---except for that one lady who couldn't imagine it, ha! But really, I know a lot of moms who get a lot of guilt for working outside of the home, so I think it goes both ways. People should really just be kind and respect other's choices! :-) Thanks for linking up!