Monday, May 16, 2011

Flamingo Thank You Cards


I love this little Flamingo stamp.  It's from Inkadinkado and it's so simple and cute.  You can't really see it in the picture but I used Crystal Effects on the Flamingo wings for a little extra sparkle.


As you know I live an hour from any craft type store.  I didn't have a Flamingo stamp and after looking around online I discovered the shipping was going to be as much as the stamp and of course I needed it NOW.  I complained on Facebook and my friend Susan called and said her mother-in-law was going to the city and she could pick one up for me!  Thank goodness for social media and small town helpfulness 


Since there were so many cards I thought they needed a little box instead of just being thrown into bags.  (And I can't find my bags.  Still trying to get my craft area together.)


I used an old Creative Memories paper pack called Romance.  The top of the box I stamped with the Always in Bloom Wheel from Stampin' Up!  The twine is, of course, from The Twinery. I SO need to invest in more twine right now.


I don't have a pattern for the box.  I just measured the width of the cards and scored the cardstock to fit.  It's very similar to the cupcake box pattern that it out there but it's a bit larger to accomodate all the cards.  


The sun is shining!!  Happy Monday!

No comments: