Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tropical Drink Invitation

Sharing some Sure Cuts A Lot love!!  


This is a special order invite I did this week for a party that is being held at a Tiki Hut.  I knew I wanted to use my Cricut but I had a real learning curve trying to figure out where to get a picture of something tropical to cut out.

A couple of weeks ago I attended a short seminar on the Sure Cuts A Lot, with my friend Susan, at a scrapbook convention.  It was VERY helpful but of course when you come home and put it all into practice it's always different.  Luckily I found this site with all these FREE SVG files!!  What a goldmine!!  Someone had already done all the work for me.   I downloaded the image and then broke it apart and had the Cricut cut it out.  I admit I had to watch a couple more tutorials and I wasted a lot of paper but once I got it together it was a breeze!!

I also had to put my entire craft room together so I could find all my tools.  Every time I would get ready to do something I would realize I had to unpack another box looking for something.  So, I decided it was just easier to get it all put together and THEN craft.

The Cricut and the SCAL program are my new best friend!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great job on that!

Jennifer said...

You are SO creative. Thank goodness I know you so you can help me when I need something neat!