Thursday, March 10, 2011

What? You don't dust at 3am??

If you can't sleep then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying.  It's the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.  --Dale Carnegie

It's now 4am and I've been up since 1:20am...not that I'm counting.  I decided since I can't sleep I might as well get up and do something.  So, I've cleaned the house, folded all the laundry, organized the pantry and got breakfast all but cooked.  I'll be so ahead tomorrow!...which will be great cause I'll be exhausted and need a nap.  

I've run out of quiet things to do so I thought I would blog a little.  This is a picture of my favorite pie plate I broke awhile back.  I don't have many cabinets in my kitchen so I have a lot of dishes stacked in a pie safe.  Well, the pie safe apparently isn't THAT safe cause I opened it and my pie plate slid out and broke.  What's aggravating is it's hand painted and can't be replaced.  





Sitting on top of the pie plates was my new favorite mixing bowl.  It matches my Christmas dishes pattern and I probably should have put it away a long time ago but it's the PERFECT size so I keep using it.  It has a handle and a spout for pouring which are great for making pancakes.  Luckily, unlike the pie plate, it can be replaced.  


While picking up and putting stuff away in the quiet hours of the morning I think I've come to the conclusion we have too much stuff.  The house we live in now is pretty large and we are spreading out a bit too much.  Trying to make room for new pie plates and ceramic bowls might be taking the focus away from what is really important.  So, tomorrow....if I have the energy I'm going to start purging a bit.  This time it won't be just the kid's toys it will be MY toys as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your pie plate. It is hard to make those BLUE Ribbon winning pies without that pie plate. That is a perfect excuse to get/search for another one.

Rachel said...

Aw, that's too bad. I get attached to certain things too, and it's so heartbreaking when they, well, break :(

Dawn said...

that plate.....Frederika would be sad :(

Christy said...

I just happened to see this post when I was exploring your post! If it's not too late, don't throw your plate away yet! My Mom dropped my great grandparents china, and my goal is to make projects out of the broken pieces (on the long term to do list). You can use the prettiest painted pieces and have them mounted in jewelry, or crush them to make mosiac signs and stuff. It's not the same, but it made those broken dishes seem less tormented to me. :O) Looking forward to exploring further. :O)