Saturday, March 5, 2011

St. Patty's Day Cards and Twine

Happy Weekend!!  Cold, dreary and rainy today.  Perfect for a little crafting I think.  I found some super cute tags and I'm itching to get started on them.  I'll be posting this week.  

I had a special order for St. Patty's Cards this week and since I don't have any shamrock stamps I had to improvise a bit.  I searched around on Slipcoaststampers and found this idea using green paper.  I corner rounded the edges to create the flower and used a white button in the middle.  

I didn't have the green and white baker's twine or even green ribbon though.  After calling around I discovered I wasn't going to be able to drive and find it either.  Apparently it's a 'seasonal' item.  Go figure.  I could have gone to get the green ribbon but by this time my heart was set on the green baker's twine.  


I finally found exactly what I was looking for at The Twinery.  They have sampler packs so you check out all their colors before you purchase a large roll.  Look how cute these are?  Who knew I would be so into string!  


The upside to all this....other than finding cute twine....is I didn't have to drive anywhere and purchase it.  This is a good thing in my house cause if I have to drive further than 5 miles I have to hear about it from the The Hunter.  This way I make him happy.   I get the high from purchasing this online.  I get the high from it arriving in the mail.  I get the high from actually using it on the card and my friend gets cute cards.  Win win win for everybody involved.

13 comments:

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

so cute!

Julie Ranae said...

Really wonderful project using our twine from The Twinery...you are going to fall in love and use it in SO many ways! Thanks so much for sharing it with your readers! Enjoy!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is the cutest! I love your sweet and simple St. Patty's Day card featuring Peapod baker's twine from The Twinery!

Sheri Twing said...

Your card is soooo cute! How creative of you to come up with a design to fit your order! Isn't that twine from The Twinery just the best! You will love it! It looks great on your card!

Ivona@SugarsticksParties said...

So happy you like the twine! The colors are truly amazing:)

grace hester designs said...

Hiya, this is Grace Hester from The Twinery Design Team. Isn't it grand that they had the green you were looking for? I personally love the new baby pink/green/black additions. :o) Thanks for sharing!

Katrina said...

Cute cute cute...loving the green!!!! Hugs, Katrina from the TT dt!

Monique said...

Hi :).. First of all very cute card.. Love the improvising :)!! Second welcome to the world of twine you will love every bit of it and frankly it is addicting you will use it on everything as you notice it adds that special little something.. And third I just love your comment before the visitor comment thing..that is so right.. If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all...Cuttle' s to you :)...You rock GF!!!!

Tifany said...

Hi! It's Tifany from The Twinery Design Team - so glad to see you love your twine! You might need to expand and get the new colors...they are fabulous! ;o)

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

burlap+blue said...

LOVE! So cute....thanks for sharing!!! xo

Stephanie said...

Your card is so cute for St. Patrick's Day! I'm so happy you found The Twinery's twine- you're going to love it!

Jen Carter said...

Your card turned out adorable! I love your little patterned paper shapes! The twine looks wonderful on there!! So glad you discovered the Twinery too!! I LOVE their twine too!!

april said...

Congrats on your Twinery purchase! Happy happy crafting!