Monday, March 7, 2011

In Love With Surecutsalot & My Cricut

I have to share with you my new toy....Surecutsalot.  It's a program I downloaded to my laptop that works with my Cricut.  If you have a Cricut you HAVE to get this program.  You will never have to buy another cartridge again....unless you want to.  For less than $60 you can download a program that will allow you to cut and paste ANY image into the Surecutsalot program and then cut it out on your Cricut.  Seriously!  Any image!  

A friend of mine has been telling me about this program for awhile now but I thought it sounded too good to be true.  It took me a couple months of research and reading different reviews to finally take her word for it and make the plunge.  I know....I'm slow sometimes.  But that's ok.  It took me 10 years to finally convince this same friend to shop at Aldi's and I can't get her to use a coupon to save her life.  ;)  We are all a little slow sometimes.  

Ok...so here is the rundown.  First, go to Cricut and download the latest firmware for your Cricut.  Right now it's free so get on it.  Second, go to Craft Edge and download the version of Surecutsalot you need. I downloaded to my laptop so I can take it with me.  Third, don't forget to look around for a coupon.  I was able to get 10% off so it only cost $53.  It downloads right to your computer and you are ready to cut!

I looked around for a label I liked to put on my canisters.  I copied and pasted it right into the program.    

screenprint from my laptop
After finding the label shape I wanted I typed in the word.  Don't worry about the color cause it's just going to cut it out on whatever paper you have.  



I chose black vinyl.  I cut out the labels and attached them to each of my jars in a matter of minutes!  Fun easy project.  Can't wait to do more.

I highly recommend this program.  The main thing I want it for is the fonts.  I hated having to buy a different cartridge for each font.

Disclaimer:  This is just a basic label.  It is not copyrighted.  But if you are going to use a copyrighted image please proceed at your own risk.  I for one would NEVER use something that is copyrighted...much less sell it.  

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I THINK I NEED THIS! How cute are those jars?!!!! I'm going to check this program out...I've heard of this one and Make-the-Cut...hmmm, lots to think about! Thanks for sharing your cute creations.

jskippy11 said...

I just want to say that I LOVE your canisters! Where did you get them??? And where do you keep them.. I don't know that I would have space for them on my counters!