Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun in Louisville, Kentucky

This past weekend, like I mentioned before, I traveled with my sister south to Kentucky.  We started our trip off right with Larry's House of Cakes cookies.  Anyone from Southern Illinois will know Larry's cookies.  I haven't had these for years and they were SO good.  Melt in your mouth goodness.  We had 4 cookies but one is in my mouth while I'm taking this picture.  


After driving all evening in high style in our new truck we arrived at our grand hotel downtown by the river.  We checked in and I tried to talk my way into a suite but the clerk wasn't having anything to do with it.  No suite but he did give us a room on the 14th floor.  Notice anything?  There isn't a 13th floor.  I find this weird.  Can you really trick the god's into thinking there is no 13th floor?  



Like I said, the day of the conference while my sister talked, I shopped.  ALL-BY-MYSELF.  I even lunched by myself.  I went into stores just cause I wanted to and then I left stores just cause I wanted to.  I didn't have to explain myself once.  I walked past the Disney store and nobody threw a fit and wanted to go in.  I walked up and down EVERY aisle in Archiver's.  That was so much fun!  I kinda did throw a fit when I had to leave there though...just kidding.  

While at Panara lunching I read a magazine article about Carmen's Cupcakes and thought they sounded like EXACTLY what I needed.  I typed the address into GPS and found it!  BEST dang cupcakes I've EVER had.  


If you are ever in Louisville Kentucky I highly recommend them.  My cupcakes are always so dry.  How do they make them so rich and yummy???  Maybe I should try to prefect the cupcake??



Before dinner my sister's friend, Ezanya, who lives in Louisville, showed us around.  We found the cutest little vintage clothing store with these fun sunglasses.  You think people actually wore these in the 50's?  This store had such fun clothing and accessories. I would love to have a place like this close so I could stop in every week and see what she has new.


For supper we ate at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.  How perfect is that?  Yummy food and so fun! Couldn't talk them into giving me my food for free either.  I guess talking people into doing what I want is not my thing.

We tested out some fried green tomatoes and stuffed ourselves silly on sweet potato fries.  So yummy!!


It was a good weekend.  Relaxing?  No.  But good to get away from the same ol' day to day stuff.

3 comments:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Sounds like a fun trip, I love Louisville. Larry's House of Cakes are the best! You should have stopped by while you were down south.

Flipfloppingmamma said...

We went right through H'burg too. ha! One of these days.....

Rachel said...

Oh wow, that looks like so much fun!