Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does This Mean I'm Finally Stylish??

Well, this is a first....I've have received a Stylish Blogger Award from Stamping Sanity....one very cool stampin blog.  Check out Sandy's blog if you want fun Stampin' Up! ideas.  I met Sandy last November at a craft show.  I saw her booth from afar and practically mowed people down to get to it.  My sister was like, "Act cool.  Act cool!  She'll raise her prices if she sees you running to her booth."  I bought some cool cards that I never have sent out.  They sit on my window ledge as inspiration.  



Part of the award is to do the following:

1) thank the person who gave this award to me and link it back to their blog
2) share 8 things about myself
3) pass this award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered
4) leave a comment so that they can pass along the recognition!


8 Things About Myself....as if there is anything left to tell.  


  1. I have been married to The Hunter for almost 13 years. 
  2. My beds are all unmade while I sit here blogging....but the dishes are all done and the washing machine and dryer are going.  A friend told me recently she always makes her bed cause if someone breaks in she doesn't want them to think she is dirty.  I'm hoping they take one look at the house and think 'someone has already robbed the place' and then turn around and leave.  
  3. I have a thing for organizing closets and cabinets. The house might be a mess but the closets are all in order!
  4. I find time to take at least 2 classes a day at the gym (reason housework isn't done).
  5. I love to bake. Baking calms me. When I'm stressed and the rest of the house is in a mess I will just drop it all and bake. Hence reason I have to work out hours a day.
  6. I hate veggies but I eat them cause I know they are good for me and my skin.  
  7. I love BBC dramas which are basically British soaps.....but I wouldn't be caught dead watching American Soaps.  For some reason if they are speaking 'British' then it's way more sophisticated.  
  8.  I love office supplies.  When I used to work in an office I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE making out the purchase order for office supplies and when they came you would have thought it was Christmas.  Now I buy stamping and scrapbooking supplies.  

8 Blogs Who Inspire Me 
(other than Stamping Sanity who I check EVERY day). There are so many blogs out there I check pretty regular for ideas and inspiration but I'm just going to limit this selection to crafting blogs only so if yours is not on there PLEASE don't get mad at me.






3 comments:

Nikki said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOO, I made the cut!!!! Lynn, you have always been stylish. I mean, we can't all pull off your look...but then again, we can't all pull off words across our butts and boobs either...different strokes for different folks I guess :oP

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! That is so sweet! :-)

alissa said...

Congrats on your award and thanks so much for mentioning my blog - I really appreciate it! It was fun to read your eight things. I have a thing for office supplies too - I don't know what it is but I could spend hours in the office supply aisles!

Have a great weekend!
Alissa