Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stir-Crazy Bargains

The week before Christmas break Bubby was sick most of the week.  One day there was a water main break in town so there was no school and then there were 2 snow days....so we didn't get out much and the kids where home all but one day that week.  Then we had 2 weeks off for Christmas and the kids where home.  Last week Sissy was sick most of the week so we didn't go anywhere and now this week Bubby is sick.  Today we awoke to fresh snow and no school.  So, I have one home stir crazy and the other home sick and I'm not feeling the best.  It's been a LONG month...to say the least.....

Sunday afternoon I decided I needed some retail therapy and some Valentine goodies.  Michael's was having a big afternoon sale so I drove to the city BY MYSELF to do a little shopping.  I returned a couple things at 2 different stores and then I hit the craft store.  Since I didn't have any kids with me I sat down in front of the Michael's dollar bins and went through EVERY little stamp.  Boy did I find some fun ones!


I walked away with 16 stamps that only cost me $.80 a piece, some pretty Valentine's paper and markers.  I would have never been able to find them all if the kids had been with me.  Wait till you see what I've made since Sunday afternoon......wait for it....wait for it....

2 comments:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Wow, you did some serious therapy! I have been looking for a peace sign stamp and a peace sign die cut, my daughter wanted her room decorated in peace signs. Can't wait to see what you make wiath all your goodies.

Dawn said...

You really WEREN'T kidding?! There is something peaceful about being in a store, doesn't even have to be Michael's, and taking it all in without kids in tow. I find that those few times I don't have my children with me, that I will still rush thru because it's like their still with me!