Monday, January 31, 2011

Preparing for the Snow to End All Snows!

Right now if you are in the midwest you have probably heard nothing but 'THE SNOW IS COMING!  THE ICE IS COMING!  TAKE COVER!!'



You would think people have never had snow or ice before.  You would think we've never had winter before.  It's January people!  This is Illinois and this is what it does in Illinois.

I'm not getting all panicked but I'm also not stupid.  There is no reason to be ill prepared.  I'm not one to go around thinking someone else is going to take care of me...or rescue me so....

  • I have a wood stove and we have plenty of wood.  The Hunter brought a load in the house and there is wood outside the door so we are all good for awhile.  
  • Just in case the electricity does go out I'm running the dishwasher, washer/dryer and breakmaker one last time.  
  • The cars are full of gas.
  • All phones are on their respective chargers.
  • Computer and Ipod are also being charged (cause I might need to listen to music and block people out).  
  • I'm also charging the camera battery cause if we get the ice and snow everyone is talking about I will need to record it for posterity.  
  • I've bathed, put on make-up and straightened my hair cause I do not want to be caught looking all skanky.  
  • The pantry and freezer are stocked and ready to go.  
Now the big question some might be asking me is: 'Will I share in a time of emergency?'  The answer:  Did you make fun of me this summer for canning and chopping wood (The Hunter chopped the wood I canned) while you were headed on vacations and to the mall?  Well, that's your answer.  Besides....your lack of 4 wheel drive will never get you out here to my house.  ;)

2 comments:

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I love snow. I do. But this winter is crazy! Every week, we get hit with something.

jskippy11 said...

ha ha... I love that you didn't want to get caught looking "skanky" that is so funny! This is one of my favorite posts of yours :)