Monday, January 24, 2011

Peaceful Snowday

We had yet another snow day last week.  The kids are getting real used to a schedule of 2 days on and 2 days off it seems.  I'm getting tired of them taking over the TV and wrestling and fighting all day.  In other words...I'm not allowed to watch TV and they are noisy.  So, I declared last Thursday and Friday official no TV and cookie day.  

They played outside most of the morning and then came in to a little hot chocolate.  I told them no TV and all by themselves they sat down and started reading books by the fire.  It was SO peaceful!  Maybe we should have no TV day more often.  



We cut out some yummy heart shaped cookies.  Cause this is what I do on a snow day...bake. 


It was a pleasant peaceful day around here.  I'm not going to say there was no wrestling and fighting but since they were outside most of the morning I didn't hear it.


And since they were out most of the morning they were exhausted right after lunch and took a nice long nap.  I got to watch a movie in peace.  It was a good snow day.

3 comments:

Mellodee said...

Kids don't NEED tv to be entertained,no matter what they think! When push comes to shove, they figure out a way to entertain themselves that's usually better than tv anyway! Most kids when they are watching, generally have a slightly glazed, zoned-out look that is positively spooky. I wish more moms and dads would decree no tv days (or weeks, or months....)

Good for you!!


(I say this only as a grandmother who has seen that look on kids' faces far too often!)

Rachel said...

Ugh, you're starting to sound like Soule Mama! Next thing you know you'll be cranking out 14 sweaters a year, and then I'll have to disown you from jealousy :)

Liz Foley said...

Ummm - what is Lane wearing?? Are those tights??