Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

Every morning I see the sun rise and I would have to say most mornings it's pretty spectacular...even though I'm really not a morning person.

It was -4 when I got up this morning.   This picture pretty much LOOKS -4 doesn't it?

On mornings like this I'm thankful we only have chickens to take care of and not a farm full of livestock.  I'm thankful my hubby takes care of the chickens in the mornings.  I'm thankful he brought me in a load of wood this morning to keep us warm enough.  I'm also VERY thankful for wool socks and fleece PJ pants.  Hope you are keeping warm.

2 comments:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Awesome photo, almost looks like it was brayerd. Of course not by me, I am terrrible at brayering. Stay warm!

Mellodee said...

-4? -4 DEGREES??? No, thank you! I lived in Chicago for over 25 years, so I know what -4 degrees feels like. There's a reason I now live in Texas.... :)

(My advice?? Huddle under a blanket and stay warm until Spring!)