Monday, November 1, 2010

My new babysitter

Check out my new babysitter.  


Isn't it great??  It keeps the kids safe and out of mischief.  Perfect addition to any family yard.


JUST KIDDING!    It's actually a new pen for all our new baby chicks we just purchased.  They finally came in a TINY little box on Friday morning.  The kids are so excited to see them.


Look at the size of that shipping box!  It's about the size of a Wheat Thin box.  Not much room for 25 chicks.  It'll be awhile before they are out in the big pen in the yard.


Right now we are down to 12 laying hens which is really not enough (can't believe I just said that!).  I've got a lot of people wanting eggs every week and it's been hard trying to accommodate them.  Ten of these new ones will be for laying and the rest for Sunday dinner.  Shhh...don't tell them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best Suzie Homemaker!!! I don't know where you find the time!

Rachel said...

Why kid? I think it's GREAT! I could hang it in the basement right next to my chains and manacles :)

I like your header!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....too cute!
Deb

Christine said...

that pen is pretty cool! building something similiar to this for my bunnies and future chickens is on my to do list!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog!!! And these chicks are the cutest, my girls would love to have some but where we live it would be impossible.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Is that a chicken tractor? I am looking for plans to build one. Do you have a product list as well as the dimensions for that? Just love your blog!

Flipfloppingmamma said...

Yes it's a chicken tractor. I'm going to post about it later on. Hubby looked at different plans online and then he just kinda winged it. He didn't follow any one set of plans.