Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peaceful Columbus Day Fishing

Monday the kids and hubby were on vacation for Columbus Day and they all wanted to go fishing.  To be perfectly honest I didn't want to go.  The thought of being trapped on a boat with the 3 of them did not appeal to me.  A big empty house where I could nap and watch a movie by myself sounded more my style.  But now I'm glad I joined them.  


It's was a absolutely perfect day!  As long as we weren't in the sun it wasn't too warm and if we were in the sun I was able to work on my tan a bit while everyone else fished.

  

There was no fish for supper that night but they all had fun anyway.   


The kids really do love fishing as much as their daddy.  We were out for 4 hours and they both casted almost the whole time.


I really think Sissy could fish all day everyday.  Bubby is a bit like me I think...has to be doing something different every couple of minutes.  Thank goodness there was chips and salsa to keep us both occupied.



The scenery was really peaceful.  The trees are just starting to turn for the fall.  They are trying but since it's so dry here I don't think it's going to be a really brilliant looking fall.


I was able to get a lot of knitting done and a great fall tan.  It really was a great day and yes....I will go back.

No comments: