Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fun Fabulous Fall Saturday

Saturday was a perfect fall day.  One of those days when you can wear jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt and it's all good.  My friend, Kerri, has been telling me since I met her about Calhoun County, Illinois.  She said they have fabulous peaches, apples and pumpkins and boy was she right!  

We crossed the river near Grafton, Illinois on a ferryboat.  We have never been on a ferryboat!  The kids were so excited and thought it was so cool.  I tried not to think about Titanic.  The Hunter took it all in stride as usual.  



After driving through the countryside we had lunch at Kinders Restaurant.  It was right on the Mississippi and the view was amazing!  While eating lunch we watched the boats going up and down the river.  Very relaxing.  I had fried catfish...others ate more healthy choices but we won't talk about that.  My friend's daughters are much older than Sissy but they are so good and treat her like one of the girls.   She even got a lesson in texting.  I'm going to have to remind her she is still in primary school.


After a wonderful lunch we hit some pumpkin stands and bought the most amazing pumpkins!!


The stands were so picturesque they almost didn't look real.


While I was picking out the pumpkins Bubby decided this was the perfect hill for rolling down.  By the time we left everyone from ages 3 to 15 were rolling down the hill.



Pumpkins, mums, gourds, & apple cider!  Perfect fall day.


I picked up some really unique pumpkins and gourds.  We have also been inspired to plant more next year and plant at the appropriate time.  


Now I gotta get to decorating!

1 comment:

runningmomx4 said...

Just reading this blog. What is funny is that we were there the same Sat., just for supper. Kinder's is good!