Monday, September 20, 2010

Taking After His Daddy

This kid never ceases to amaze me!  Everyday he builds and puts things together that I would have never thought of.  He is always making 'traps to catch animals or bad guys'.  The other day I watched as he built himself a fishing pole out of a paint roller stick (the same one he used to help paint my bedroom wall) and a rope.  



Then he climbed up on the dog house and started to fish.



He doesn't know I'm watching and at one point he drops the pole and rope.  He climbs down and picks up the pole and rope.  I'm thinking in my mind, "How is he going to climb up on the dog house with the stick and rope?"


He picks up the stick and throws it over the dog house and then walks around and climbs up on the house.  


I am watching this thinking, "Holy Cow!  I would have never thought of that!! "


What a smart kid!


Thank God he doesn't take after me!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for the smile this morning! What a precious kid.

Dawn said...

Clearly he takes after his aunt Dawn.

All Natural Mama said...

Lol this just reminds me of my oldest son, too. He is the little engineer as well. Which sounds great until he has tore up the house to build contraptions and made the backyard look like trash. I try to never say anything because I know how much boys like these need to create. He also builds traps, lol. He also (scary for a 7 year old) likes to use a hammer & nails to attach things to his backyard fort (he has big plans for an addition). I just hope he learns to build so he can help out around here! Nate is handy, but not as much as Jeremy by far...
I'm looking at the picture of the dog house and noticing all that unused land of yours.... hmmmmm....?

Dawn said...

P.S. finally! a good haircut.

affectioknit said...

That is an awesome story of resourcefulness! Super cute too!