Friday, September 10, 2010

End of Summer?



They say with the coming of Labor Day it's the end of summer.  I guess this means I need to take down the Americana decorations and pull out the fall ones.


It has finally cooled off a bit and my flowers are finally starting to look healthy and less....dead.  


The chickens are out moving around the yard again and not huddled under the porch trying to escape the heat.



My flowers may be all perky and beautiful but the garden, I think, is finally starting to die.  Thank God!  I really am tired of canning.





My friend Rachel says this is Mother Nature's way of getting the Midwesterner to look forward to winter.  You are so sick of canning, preserving, and the heat that you actually look forward to the wind, snow and bitter cold.  I think I agree.

3 comments:

jskippy11 said...

I love your decorations..... and my flowers died a LONG time ago.. are you surprised :) ha ha.. Great post I love your pictures!

Suzanne said...

Everything looks great! I really like the shot from behind the banners and the one with the table and chair! :) So serene! Took my Americana down Wednesday night, washed it last night and brought up the Fall decorations . . . guess tonight I'll pack the Americana and put out the Fall! Thinkin' I may need a few new items though! :)

Suzanne

Lani said...

What lovely photos! You live in such a beautiful place!

Just wanted to invite you to stop by my Blog For A Cure Blog Party:
www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com

Its a way to get new followers, win some great prizes,and support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!