Friday, August 20, 2010

Phone Conversation of the Day

I was talking to my sister on the phone this morning and I said I needed to get off the phone and do something productive today.  I've been on this computer far too long this morning. I should be picking apples.  I should be cleaning.  She tells me......


Life is short.  The universe if big.  Do what you want. 

I was silent for a moment and said, "Wow...that's a quote for the blog."  Then she says to go to hubblesite.org and check out their photos of the universe and you will see exactly how small you are and how it doesn't really matter if you ate a donut yesterday (which I didn't and she obviously did).  


Does it REALLY matter if I don't clean today?

(photo courtesy of hubblesite.org)

5 comments:

LV said...

NO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN YOU CLEAN. I NEED TO BE DOING THE SAME THING, BUT I FIND OTHER THINGS MORE INTERESTING AND ENJOYABLE. IT WILL BE THERE WAITING WHEN WE GET MOTIVATED.

Dawn said...

Let the record show that I ate a cream horn which is not a donut.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!!
I want this on a t-shirt :)

-jennifer

Linda Byrd said...

I love love love this post. Thanks!

Rachel said...

I need to put this on my fridge. Then I can point to it with my knitting needles and blithely declare that, "Lynn the wise says I should do what I want because you can't see me from space and yes you are eating pb and j for dinner again."

:)