Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Vacation, Part V--Smithsonian


I kinda just left you hanging about my family vacation didn't I??  The suspense is probably killing you isn't it?  You are wondering...what is next?  Where did they go next?  Well, wait no more.  The second day in DC we went to the museums and tried to stay indoors more.  I'm glad we did Arlington the first day even though it was ridiculously hot cause it rained most of the week.  



The kids enjoyed the museums a lot more than the cemetery and the monument tours...can't understand why.  


We visited the Air & Space Museum and the American History Museum.  They had a replica of a air craft carrier and to my amazement I realized it was a replica of the air craft carrier my dad had been on 40 years ago, the USS Bon Homme Richard.  What are the odds??


There is so much to see at the Smithsonian.  I could spend months looking at everything and still not see it all.  I could have looked at the section on the First Ladies for days.  We were able to see many of the First Lady's Inaugural ball gowns including Michelle Obama's.  



The section on pop culture was so much fun!  Julia Child's kitchen!  How cool is that?



Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers!


The kids were such troopers.  After we left the animal section they were pretty much done.  Poor Bubby....he was so done walking.  


Someday we will hopefully be able to go back and see more.  I would recommend Spring or Fall...when it's not crazy hot.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Oh I would love to go!! I'm not sure I would want to do it with the kids the ages they are now - Maybe when we are rich and famous and can take nannies :)