Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Fabulous Fourth

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck


Happy 4th of July Weekend! 

We had a really fun weekend with family and friends.  Friday and Saturday we spent the holiday with my friend Meagan and her family.  As if her parent's home didn't feel like a resort before they now have a fabulous pool and deck! 


(Look how clean that porch is!) ;) 
This is my friend Suzanne's porch NOT mine. 

My hubby arrived just in time to work on the deck

 

Don't worry....it was all finished just in time for the party!



Thank God Martha Stewart arrived in time to make these cupcakes. 



We feasted on a Cajun shrimp boil.  It was super yummy this year.  Steve got the recipe just right this year!

Hope your weekend was just as festive. 

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Super CLEAN porch! She must hire a good service! Do thrilled we got to spend so much time together! I love your new banner! And your E. B. Quote rocks! I think I'll borrow it for my blog too :) I love you friend!! My smile is a little bigger and my heart a little more full! Thanks for an awesome weekend!

Suzanne McCrary said...

Dear Lynn,
We so enjoyed you guys coming! I'm glad you had a good time. I thank you and Jeremy soooooooo very much for helping us pull things together for the party! Our deck got finished and our wrap-around porch is spotless thanks to the efforts of the Jackmans and Fegers!!! I too love your banner and your intro from Erma! I always appreciated her humor and I think on this quote, she hit it on the nailhead, as she always did. Thank you for being such a good friend to my daughter and extending your friendship to us as well! Ya'll please come back again! We'll try not to work ya so hard the next time and just sit back and enjoy the swim along with a sweet watermelon! ;)

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a great time! I like the photo you used for your blog post too!

Mellodee said...

That Erma Bombeck always had pointed insights that were sometimes funny, but were always true!

I wish I knew somebody with a pool who would invite me for 4th of July; or even for the 22nd of August, or the 18th of June, or the 10th of September, or for....actually for any sunny day between mid-May and mid-September!! (LOL)