Monday, June 14, 2010

iBake with iPod

I LOVE aprons!  I have a lot of them.  I wear them all the time too.  A little 1950's?  Yes.  A little too housewifey?  Yes....but I don't care.  I think they are too cute.  While wearing aprons and cooking I like to listen to my iPod.  Sometimes I need some music to drown out the kids relax to or maybe an audio book.  I'm really loving the audio book right now.  My friend Rachel insisted I get some to listen to while knitting or cooking and I really love the idea.  Well, Rachel...wait till you see this apron!!!

One day I was complaining to my friend Meagan that I needed an apron with an iPod pocket.  Something that would keep my iPod safe and clean plus keep the earphones out of the way.  She said she would see what she could do.  Look what I got for my birthday!!

Wait till you see all the features this apron has to offer!!  Meagan made me the most BEAUTIFUL apron.  Not only is it beautiful it's reversible so when one side gets dirty I just turn it around. Just kidding!  Not really.

Now...are you ready for this???  It has an iPod pocket!!  I'm so excited about this! 


You slip the iPod into the pocket and then you put the plug through a tiny button hole inside the pocket that keeps the cord hidden. 

The iPod stays save and clean and the earphone cords stays out of the way. 
On the way home from Meagan's house I was talking to my sister on the phone.  It was about 8pm and she was bragging that she was in a nearby city getting a Coke and getting ready to go to a concert.  She thought I would be all jealous.  I told her that was great but that I had a new apron with an iPod pocket.  She was silent for a moment and then she said, "You win...that rocks!"  That's right...I will be the best rockin' housewife on the block. 

Thanks Meagan!!!

Disclaimer:  This apron was a gift.  At no time was a pattern used or copied.  Face it people....Meagan is just that good. 

4 comments:

meagan said...

Awwww!!! Thanks so much! I'm so happy you are happy. I'm just thrilled with the way it turned out!!!! Happy Birthday!

Suzanne said...

:) I thought she did a great job on the apron! It's really cute and how intuitive!!! Of course, she get's all her greatness from me . . . right? I'm looking for agreement here! :)

Rachel said...

Lol, I love your apron pattern disclaimer :)

SOOOO cool!

So what book are you listening to?

laughlogic said...

I love it. It's so you.

Rachel L. made me one for my birthday, Andrew wanted me to have one (enough said). Then my boss, Denise, caught wind that Andrew liked them on me and she made me one too. I think they are so pretty hanging in my kitchen.

Um, what do you think about the house wife's in aprons calendar? lol

Esther