Friday, June 25, 2010

Berries! Lots of Berries!

I'm not sure where the week has gone but I do know the week involved many berries....lots of berries.  I went with a friend late last week to pick blueberries.  We decided blueberries were way easier to pick than strawberries. 


The kids had a really good time picking too. 
 

Blueberry bushes are just about their size so it was easy picking....and we didn't have to worry about anyone stepping on the bushes (like when we pick strawberries). 


Saturday I decided I didn't have enough and went with two other friends to pick more.  I've picked about 4 gallons so far.  I really should go back one more time but green beans are here now.....sigh....



The Hunter decided I didn't have enough to do and went out into the fence row and picked some raspberries. 


All these berries will be great in smoothies all year!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

looks tasty!