Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Sweet friend got me out of a Jam...

So....on Friday I turned this.....

into this!

I've never made freezer jam all by myself before.  I've always assisted my mom.  By assisted I mean I sat at the table, ate chips and salsa and watched her make it. 

Other than the fact that I forgot I didn't have any lemon juice I did pretty good.  My friend Haley had been over all morning and the minute she left and I put Bubby down for a nap I realized I was out of lemon juice.  So, while standing there trying to figure out what to do I saw her purse laying by the table.  She had forgot her purse!  She would HAVE to come back for it!  And when she came back for it she could bring me some lemon juice.  SWEET!!  I was saved by Haley...she deserves a jar of jam I think. 

Disclaimer:  Couldn't resist that corny title. 

2 comments:

LV said...

I love homemade jams or jellies. That was all we ever had growing up. I wish I had a jar of yours. strawberry and blackberry jam my favorites.

Dawn said...

So how many phone calls to mom did you have to make during this experiment?