Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry time, like childhood itself, is short-lived.

Wednesday was by far the prettiest day here this week so I decided it was perfect to pick strawberries.  Actually, my friend, Kerri, decided we should pick strawberry's.  I was more than happy to pay the extra .60 cents a pound and have someone else pick them for me but I was told it was all about the experience and we should embrace the season or some crap like that.   I am so glad we did!!
Kerri brought her son along too and I thought the boys did so well.   The fabulous owner, Becky, gave each of them their own little buckets and they picked quite a bit till they found a frog.  Then all picking stopped at that point.  I thought they would eat more than they picked but I don't think either one of them ate any.  We had to keep on them constantly to pick ONLY the red ones though. 


They picked a little and then played in the mud a little...good combination for little boys. 

I managed to get one flat picked which was enough for a couple batches of strawberry jam. 

While there we were able to pick up some beautiful asparagus and rhubarb. 

The rhubarb made for some yummy pie!  My friend Meagan sent me this wonderful looking recipe so I think I'll give it a try today. 

After all the strawberry picking we were starving so we found a tiny little bar in a tiny little town nearby and had the most wonderful lunch I think I've had in a long time.  I should post pics of our lunch at this time but I was seriously too busy eating to remember to take pictures. 

Such a fun day!  I'm so glad my friend talked me into going.  Great memories for me and for Bubby.   

2 comments:

Dawn said...

good times good times

Rachel said...

Aw, great photos!