Friday, May 14, 2010

Put it in the Freezer!!

You remember the scene in Friends when Joey is reading The Shining?  The book scares him so bad he puts it in the freezer.  This is what happened to me last night.  
 
I've seen this Abe Lincoln book around for awhile and wondered what the deal with it is.  At the library it was on the 'new release' shelf so I thought I would give it a try.  So, last night I'm laying in bed and I HAVE to read it while on my back that way no vampires can sneak up on me.  It's freaky!  It's all dark and 'voices in the night' and 'people meeting in the dark woods'.  Which I guess is what vampires do.  Not sure I'm going to be able to make it though.  Bubby got up at 1:33am last night cause 'he couldn't very sleep' and I put him back in his bed.  Then I layed there for 2 hours listening.....

I'm taking it back to the library.  I can't deal with this.  I have issues ya know. 

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Take it back to the library...so I can check it out. LOL

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

You couldn't just put it in the freezer?

They also put Little Women in the freezer--it's ok :-)

All Natural Mama said...

LOL!!! I love that Friends episode.
Btw, I no longer read or watch horror - used to love it, but being home alone at night with the kids was just a little freaky after reading horror.
Have you read the Pink Carnation series yet?

Rachel said...

Ha ha, Bubby was scared of the book too, but he had the sense not to read it in the first place :)

Shannon said...

That's too bad, because I just finished this book tonight and absolutely LOVED it!
I have never read, nor really wanted to read a biography about Lincoln and figured everything I ever needed to know about him I learned from shows on the History Channel.
This book made me actually want to read more about him and I found myself reading the book and then verifying information on the Internet to determine what was fact and fiction. What I found was that the majority of this book is fact, except for the part about vampires.
I found it to be a very compelling read and one of my favorites this year!