Friday, May 28, 2010

And Summer Begins!

Open all the windows and pull the patio furniture from hibernation. 
It's the start of summer--relax and make yourself at home. 

It's the first official week of summer around here and boy has Mother Nature shown us who is boss.  It's been HOT HOT HOT!  Kids don't seem to notice how hot it is though.  Why is that??  Remember when we were kids and we would play outside all day no matter the temp?  Children really are amazing.  Sunday I put the best babysitter I have ever had out in the yard and I really haven't seen the kids since. 

They really have not deviated from this schedule once:
Breakfast
Swim
Snack
Swim
Sand
Lunch
Swim
Sand
Snack
Swim
Supper
Swim
Fall into bed


We are very safety conscious around here...always need to wear the life-vest...never mind that the water is only 5 inches deep. 
(the water is brown cause they run and jump over and over into the water...
dragging mud and grass with them each time)

And as a good parent I am doing my duty and making sure the life-vest work.  I refuse to move from this spot all summer.  I will watch there every move. Safety first! 


Just don't ask me to get up.  :)

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Awwwww...I'm sad Cai won't have the opportunity this summer to streak through your yard straight into the pool..... :)

Dawn said...

that looks like a sweet set-up

Liz Foley said...

Is that brown water?...

Rachel said...

Oh wow, I have GOT to get me one of those!