Friday, April 23, 2010

Trying to Focus

A friend of mine posted this quote on Facebook this morning and it's so what I needed to see/hear.

Sometimes we have to let go of what was, ignore the shouts of doubts and misperceptions and set our focus on what can be. That's my goal today!--Pastor Bob

This is now my goal for today also! I know I really couldn't be any more vague here but I just need to let go of some nagging feelings. I'm going to let go of relationships that once where cause they really are no more. I'm going to ignore the voices that tell me to give it one more try and I'm going to focus on the wonderful that I have in my life now.
This photo has nothing to do with this post but I had to post it. The Hunter is off in the woods turkey hunting while this HUGE Tom is strutting right under my mom's kitchen window.
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

The Professor's Wife said...

This makes me a little sad. Don't turn your back, but don't look back either.

Cindy said...

That letting go stuff is hard...I always feel so guilty even though I know I am making a good choice. Just hang on to me, okay? I am liking having you around :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn-

I understand your statement more than you know. I have had to do the same thing. And, the most improtant thing to remeber is at the end of the day, no matter how bad, you still have your family and they love you no matter what. And that can be the most wonderful feeling and helps me ground myself and realize the other things getting to me are not that important. Saying "no" to stuff and moving forward is hard, but keeping yourself and family happy is what really matters. I am thinking of you! Take care! Tracy