Friday, March 26, 2010

Trying to buy love with presents

My dear friend Rachel turned 30 (such a baby!!) this past weekend and my other friend Nikki threw her a surprise birthday party. Because of prior commitments I couldn't make it and felt SO GUILTY about it. To make up for my absence I had to make her something. Not something knitted cause that will never happen again! (I did that once and it's wasn't all that) Something out of paper and preferably with flowers....she's Hawaiian after all. I used the Stampin' Up! Office Accoutrement stamp set. I love this stamp set!! I have used it more than any of my others I think. I like the retro office feel of it. I stamped each card with a different saying so she could use them for different occasions. Also, as my final gift to her I did not stamp the back of the cards with my name....she can claim them as her own!! I then made her a couple of little notebooks. After receiving my notebook from JadeMingmei Designs I decided to give the sewing machine a little try. I really like the added texture it gives!

Happy Birthday dear friend!!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Well I still love you and you didn't send me presents...whats that say about me? ;oP

Rachel said...

Awwww, don't feel guilty! (Although I'm secretly glad you felt guilty because now I have a nice stash of beautiful cards, ha ha!)

Do I have to use them? They're too pretty! It's like cutting into pie; you want to eat it, but it's too much work and too beautiful to use!

Thanks SOOOOOOO much!

Cheryl said...

What a great set of cards and notebooks. These designs are so fun Lynn!