Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top o' mornin' to ya!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I got the idea for a small project and wanted to cut some felt with the Cricut and make shamrocks. I bought some wonder under and regular felt...not the wool kind cause you can't find that around here...that's just not the way they do things around here. I think that was the beginning of my problems. I ironed the wonder under on the back of the felt and fed it through the Cricut. It didn't work so well. I changed my settings on the Cricut and tried a couple different things but it would only cut through the wonder under not the felt. I read on a couple different sites that wool felt works much butter so I might try this again. Anyone else had any luck with this?So after the Cricut failed to meet my expectations (most likely just user error) I cut the Shamrock out the old-fashioned way. I then sewed the two colors of felt together and sewed a button I had from my stash in the middle. I found this project in the Country Living magazine. I, of course, didn't have the same trim or button they suggested and after taking this picture I think it might look like a 4th grader cut it out (no offense to any 4th graders with scissors out there) but I'm happy with it. If it makes it through the day I'll be shocked. I then decided The Hunter needed Creme-de-menthe brownies to take to work today. It's a St. Patty's Day tradition ya know. I'm really try to watch my baked goods intake lately and I SWEAR I only licked the spoon....once or twice. My your day be lucky!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I think your pin looks very nice.

Leigh said...

Mmmm, those brownies look scrumptious! I am off to copy your recipe! :)

Rachel said...

Isn't it funny how we spend all that time and money on fancy machines, and end up finding that a pair of scissors works just as well?! I just bought the kids a dance cam (camera that puts them on the tv while they're dancing to music), and as I was watching them hop around, it hit me that I paid all that money for basically a mirror and a radio.

Huh.

Marketing. :)