Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Yarn Stash

Would you just look at this?? This is my yarn stash. When did this happen? This stash was hid behind my big chair in the living room but when we moved everything to accommodate Lopi there was my yarn staring me in the face. Nobody knew it was even back there....especially The Hunter. It used to all fit very nicely in that picnic basket. What happened?? I don't really buy yarn unless I have a project in mind already so who bought all this yarn?? I have a hard time even seeing what I'm supposed to do with the yarn unless there is a pattern in mind. I also don't have a yarn store within an hour of me so that makes it very easy NOT to buy yarn. So...again I ask, who bought all this yarn??

There is quite a bit of heather purple Caren Simply Soft in this pile because that was the color of the February Lady Sweater I started last year. It has taken me so long to knit the stupid thing and I pulled it out. I decided I didn't even like it anymore. Personally I think I should stick with small projects. It fits my Flipfloppin' personality more.

Sock yarn I can see what to do with so that is why there are 6 skeins of sock yarn in this pile. I think sock yarn is so much fun! It's fairly cheap, unless it's hand dyed, and one ball will make one pair or more of socks.

I know some of you are looking at this and thinking....that's it? That's your WHOLE yarn stash?? Well....to those people I say knit me more items!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

lol...you should see mine...terrible I tell ya...

jskippy11 said...

Not me.. I'm looking at it thinking .. Oh.. Make ME something :) Looks like a lot of yarn to me.. but what do I know!

Mellodee said...

Yarn is like coat hangers, it procreates in the dark of night!!

Sharon said...

I'm glad to hear that knitters have problems with "yarn stashes" along with quilters who have "fabric stashes". I've been reorganizing my fabric stash and came across fabric that I completely had forgotten about. Is it part of the addiction process?

Dawn said...

You sure your NOT my sisters?? They are just as terrible with their "monster" collections of yarn!! My twin sis stores it all color coordinated in a bookshelf...sheesh, who "needs" so much! {EVIL GRIN!}