Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting down to Stampin' Up!

I finally found a local Stampin' Up! demonstrator who has regular workshops. I haven't been to a regular SU workshop to make cards in a long time and boy have I missed it. I contacted the demonstrator about joining and she sent me these three fabulous cards before she even met me!! How cool is that? Then when I showed up Friday night and my friend, Haley, along she gave me this cute little butterfly goodie. After the give-aways we got down to stampin' up...get it? Stampin' Up! haha! Never mind. We made these three fun cards. This first card we used the SU stamp set Enjoy Every Moment which is exactly what my friend Haley and I did that night. We sat with some really fun women and it was a good get-away for the evening. This purple card we used the SU stamp set Flight of the Butterfly. I got to use this new punch that made the scalloped edges. Gotta confess that I hate that thing! Did not like the way it was designed at all. BUT I did like using Stamp-a-ma-jig. It's a 'stamp positioner for precise stamp alignment every time'. I was able to stamp the light purple butterfly and then position the darker flowers EXACTLY over the lighter butterfly. Amazing little invention! Totally made up for my lack of skills with the punch.
The Easter chocolate bunny was too fun! It's a textured stamp and looks just like a little chocolate bunny!

Fun stampin' night. I did really good driving there too. I didn't run out of gas. I didn't get lost. I didn't hit anything and my cell phone didn't die. I've had some car adventures lately. It's been crazy!

1 comment:

jskippy11 said...

How fun.. Man.. you make friends so easy.. I need to have your personality I think! Oh wait.. might help if I was even remotely crafty, then I could do some of the stuff you do to meet the people you meet.