Friday, March 26, 2010

Classic Bookclub

It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy; it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.

--Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
I have joined yet another book club. This one is ONLY classic books. Books I should have read by now but have not. Our first selection is Sense and Sensibility. I confess I have read this book...a long time ago. I also have watched 2 different movie versions and I have the soundtrack. Obsessive I know.....

The others in the club haven't read this particular Jane Austen book so we thought it would be a great way to get our feet wet. It's not that big and most of us have seen the movie so we get the general idea.

Walden is our next selection. Not as excited about this selection as some but that's what this is all about...opening ourselves up to new experiences.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You are going to love Walden. I can't wait to read it.

Nikki said...

You guys HAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to read Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite classic book of all time...LOVE IT!

Rachel said...

Just think, you can name drop that you've read Walden! Imagine yourself in your next spinning class, sweat dripping from your fevered brow, and you can think to yourself, "but yes, I have read WALDEN!"

Dawn said...

Good point Rachel