Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chocolate Chip, Coconut & Peanut Bars

I found this recipe on Hip2save and they are SO YUMMY!! I seriously wanted to eat the whole pan but for some reason when you do that it doesn't matter if they are healthy for you or not. Go figure! I highly recommend you whip some up today.

Chocolate Chip, Coconut & Peanut Bars

•2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
•2 cups old fashion oats
•2/3 cup packed brown sugar
•2/3 cup honey
•1/2 cup peanut butter
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1/4 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/4 cup packed coconut
•1/4 mini chocolate morsels
•1/4 peanuts

Directions:
In a large bowl combine the rice cereal and oatmeal. Grease or line a 9×13 inch pan. (I prefer to line the pan with saran wrap because it makes for easy clean up.)

Mix brown sugar, honey and peanut butter in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until just boiling. Add to cereal mixture along with vanilla extract, Cinnamon, salt, peanuts, coconut and chocolate chips.

Press into the prepared pan using a spatula, spoon or your hands (like I do). Set aside to cool, then cut into bars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I made them tonight - is that your actual photo of the ones you made? I felt that my mini chocolate morsels melted and made them look totally different than your picture.
Monique

Flipfloppingmamma said...

Yup...those are the exact ones I made. My chips were frozen so that might have made a difference...don't know.

Anonymous said...

That is interesting, because mine really made it look all chocolaty..did you use the mini ones? I personally didn't like them as well as another recipe I have = those you actually do bake. I guess I won't eat the whole pan this way. lol

Kori said...

My mom brought them down to us and our family gobbled them right up! I just came by to print the recipe and will print the latest one out too!!