Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Your Life is Right Now

Your life is right now! It's not later! It's not in the time of retirement. It's not when your lover gets here. It's not when you've moved into the new house. It's not when you get the better job. Your life is right now. It will always be right now. You might as well decide to start enjoying your life right now, because it's not ever going to get better than right now--until it gets better right now! Abraham-Hicks

A friend of mine sent me this quote it could not be more right now for me. We have moved around a lot and we have a tendency to always say, 'In the next house we'll do this or that'. Well, not anymore. In the last couple of months I've come to the conclusion 'this is it!' If I don't do it now I won't ever do it.

So, I painted our bedroom a color I would never dream of doing...brown. I know...not all that dramatic to some but it was to me.
(This is my new headboard...a work in progress. More pictures to come next week.)


We have always wanted chickens but never did because we are in town or renting. We got chickens! I like my chickens. I like watching them and I like getting all those eggs everyday.
New project: My recipes are a mess! They are all in little bits of paper and ripped from magazine so I said after Christmas I was going to get my scrapbook/recipe album together. I've had this book for years and never opened it. You hold me to it....I'm going to get this done right now...soon!

I have recently found out 2 dear friends of our family passed away and I never knew! One I didn't know about till my annual Christmas card came back marked 'deceased' and the other person has been gone for almost 2 years before we found out he was gone! I feel horrible! Why didn't I go and visit?? Cause I was busy...busy doing what???

So...my little piece of advice to you....you have that friend or family member you haven't called, wrote to or visited in a long time. Do it! They might be gone soon.

You have that project you want to start but haven't cause it's too messy or too expensive. Get to working on it. You will be surprised how much fun it will be.

It's right now or never.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

This is why I will be going to iceland. People keep saying "why"? OMG why not! This also why I go salsa dancing.

Mellodee said...

Everyone needs to be reminded of this from time to time! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - such a great entry!!
Monique

Theresa said...

great quote

Suzanne said...

Excellent advice! No one knows what tomorrow will bring . . . or if there will even be a tomorrow! Excellent advice!!!

So I've been putting off cleaning out the front closet . . . I started today and now it's all over the foyer and front room! :/ and here I sit instead of working on it! LOL I'll get it finish tho'

Thanks for sharing!