Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Sunday Afternoon Savings

I did a little couponing this afternoon after church and this is what I picked up:

  • 9 boxes of Kleenex
  • 6 cans of Campbell's soup
  • 6 cans of Swanson Chicken broth
  • 3 boxes of Kotex
  • 5 bottles of Aveeno shampoo
  • 4 bottles of Aveeno face cleanser
  • 1 bottle of Aveeno lotion
  • 2 Oral-b toothbrushes
  • 4 packages of Bic razors
  • 1 package of Halls
  • and a partridge in a pear tree
My savings was a little over $80. My total for all this was.......wait for it....wait for it.....$18.21. That's it! I swear! I love coupons and I love Hip2save. (the partridge in the pear tree is what put me over the $15 mark).

4 comments:

jskippy11 said...

Please Please tell me how you did it? And my next question is.. will you use all the stuff you buy? I find coupons but it is usually for name brand stuff that I can buy generic or Aldi' brand for less even with a coupon.... but I SO WANT TO BE A COUPON QUEEN :)

C, H & E said...

nice job! Did your Aveeno's ring up BOGO or did they come up as 50%? I am heading out tomorrow and not sure what my Walgreens will end up being :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!
Monique

Flipfloppingmamma said...

The Aveeno did come up BOGO and shouldn't have. I also figured out after I looked at my receipt again that the cashier forgot to ring up 3 of the Aveeno items.

They left a tag on the shelf for the Kleenex and I got LAST week's deal plus THIS week's sale and shouldn't have. But since they didn't take the tag down I got an extra $3 off the kleenex.

The deals were better than average but you can still get some awesome deals at walgreens!