Monday, January 11, 2010

More creepy cornfield movies...really???

I've mentioned before my hate of cornfields. I have come to the conclusion this is not a totally irrational fear. I have scientific proof that weird things come out of the corn.

Example #1: Children of the Corn. Never seen the movie. I know it's scary and I know it's about corn...enough said.
Example #2: The movie Signs shows me aliens create circles in the corn leading to my house and then they come out of the corn to get me.
Example #3: I never noticed before but ET came walking out of the corn to greet Elliot for the first time. Where did that scene come from? Has it always been there?? See...more corn...more aliens.


(30 seconds into this video you will notice the alien AND the cornfield)


Example #4: The other night I am innocently watching Field of Dreams...basically cause nothing else was on and I could knit and watch the movie without watching too closely. Well...as you know the movie is based in Iowa about a guy who builds a baseball field because the voices tell him to. Well guess what's in Iowa...CORN! And guess what COMES OUT OF THAT CORN?! Ghost-like creatures...not unlike aliens!!
Never picked up on that before. Seen the movie a million times.

Four (4!) examples of crazy movies with crazy things coming out of the corn. That's enough proof for me. At least I have some comfort knowing if there are any aliens out there now their butts are most likely froze to the ground cause it was -11 (NEGATIVE ELEVEN!) when we got up this morning. Enjoy your corn aliens!!

3 comments:

Mellodee said...

I'm not trying to be picky here or anything, but the last time I drove through central Illinois (which I am loathe to admit I have done a multitude of times...my daughter got her Master's at U of I Champagne-Urbana.) Anyway, getting back to the topic, doesn't the dreaded "C" veggie grow in IL too?? It used to! Or have those crop circling aliens finally completely obliterated the crop?? :)

Nikki said...

NEVER watch children of the corn, EVER......seriously, if you think your fear is bad now...wow, I'm telling you, freakiest movie EVER! Plus if you watch it, not only will you be afraid of the corn, but you'll also be afraid of amish and mennonite children.... :)

Liz Foley said...

I think you are a little paranoid...Just sayin'