Monday, December 28, 2009

A Little Christmas Rewind

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. The tree has been thrown out the back door. The garland, Santa's and lights have been tucked away in plastic tubs for next year. It's all gone...You would never know Christmas was here if you didn't notice the toy room with the $4,000 worth of toys that no one is playing with. Sorry, but I am usually a tree-gone-by-December-26th-kind-of-gal but since we were traveling this year everything came down a little later than usual.

There was much merry making, baking and crafting the couple of weeks before Christmas and I'm even though it's all very clean and uncluttered around here now I'm going to try and catch you all up a little at a time.

Sissy and I made these turtle/pretzel thingys. Not sure what they are called. We arranged pretzels on a cookie sheet with a Hershey Kiss on top. Popped them (in my mouth) in the oven on 200 degrees for about 15 minutes then when they came out put a pecan on top. When they have cooled a bit you drizzle caramel on top of the chocolate and pretzel. I've seen them made with Rollo's also and I think that would have been easier...but I was trying to use what I had on hand (yes I have Kisses and caramel on hand at all times). We also made what we call Ritz cookies. My Grandma always made these and they are super easy! You take two Ritz crackers and put peanut butter between them. Then you melt Almond Bark in a small crock pot. You take the peanut butter sandwich cookies and dip them in the chocolate. You can use white or dark chocolate and you can also use the Ritz that already have peanut butter in them. Makes for some crazy simple cookies. I used whole wheat crackers and organic peanut butter so it's not AS bad to eat a dozen in a one setting...not that I would EVER do that! (Note: These recipes did not come from a book or magazine I totally made them up).
While we were doing all this in the house hubby was doing THIS in the garage. I'm not sure what he was doing. He was replacing THIS and reworking THAT and putting THAT on the back and THIS on the front....I really have no clue. All I know is I had to run to town twice for parts and now it runs so much better!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rolo pecan turtle recipe is as follows

Square pretzals
rolos
pecans

warm pretzels with rolo on top in 300 deg over for 3 minutes
as soon as they are out of the oven smash pecan on top
let cool for at least 1 hour

YUMMY :)

Glad you are enjoying the heated throw
<3
Jennifer

Dawn said...

Why didn't you bring any Ritz cookies down with you?

Anonymous said...

It looks as if he was replacing the u-joints on the front axle shaft and also the ball joints. It sure is nice to have a handy husband around.