Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pioneer Woman!

When I found out months ago that The Pioneer Woman was coming to this area for a book signing tour I got more than a LITTLE excited. I couldn't wait to go to St. Louis to an intimate little book signing and meet and talk with her. Boy, was I in for it!!

The Alohaknitter joined me on my little adventure. First, I took her to one of the most expensive places in the St. Louis area to shop....St. Charles. We touched $300 scarves and $500 Christmas ornaments. It was very humbling. Even though it was pouring down rain it was a lot of fun to walk about the quaint little shops with NO CHILDREN. We were able to find a yarn shop and after that it was all good. Can't wait to make socks out of this pretty hand dyed yarn. Then after much mall shopping, coffee, coke, chocolate, and pasta we made out way to the St. Louis Cathedral to meet my sister and attend our intimate little book signing. Intimate....only if you call a book signing with 999 other people intimate! I took this picture off PW's website and I hope she doesn't mind. Her camera is WAY better than mine and it really shows how HUGE this place was and just exactly how many people were there. I made her these fingerless gloves so hopefully she won't sue me for using her picture. The Alohaknitter and myself tried to think of something to give to her that A: wasn't food and B: she MIGHT actually use. We decided on the fingerless gloves so she can get up at 4am to take photos and keep her hands warm but still be able to use her fingers. The Alohaknitter made her a scarf to match. I wonder if she has gifted them to Goodwill yet? Now keep in mind I had been up since 6am. It had been a REALLY long day and by the time we finally were able to speak to Ree it was 11pm! Some were able to fall asleep in the middle of 1,000 people but not me. Finally at 11pm we were able to talk to Ree, give her our presents and have her sign our book. Notice my gloves in front on her on the table??! The Alohaknitter has this thing about people holding her knitting so I guess I now have a picture of PW holding someone ELSE'S knitting...oh well... ha! We didn't get back home to 1am but it was all worth it! She signed my book! Her son signed my book and even her hubby, The Marlboro Man, signed it. So worth it!!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I think think everyone should take note of how cute my hat is in that last picture.

Renee in Seattle said...

Can you post the link to the pattern for the fingerless gloves? I have that yarn and just made a pair of gloves, but yours are cuter, and I want to make those!

Thanks!

Megan said...

I'm dying for that pattern! I love to knit fingerless gloves, and yours are adorable. Would you be willing to share?

Rachel said...

So I was on the PW website...I see your gloves and I'm like...hmm...I know her...from Sunday School...Faith UMC...

Fun...Happy Holiday's

Rachel

Happymama said...

I was wondering if you could make me some of the fingerless gloves?? I was trying to figure out a way to contact you so I decided to leave you a comment:) Please let me know!!! Foxchick0323@live.com