Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

The rain FINALLY stopped for us to have a beautiful Halloween. I could have sworn I saw a dove with an olive branch fly by on Saturday. The kids couldn't wait to get their costumes together. Sissy has such strong ideas of how her make-up should look. I didn't put enough blood on her but that's the way it always is isn't it? The older generation always thinks the younger generation is wearing too much make-up/blood. Notice how I walked near the corn and took the kid's picture? You should be proud of me! You never know what is in that corn! Thank God it's stopped raining so the farmers can hopefully get the corn picked and out of here and then I won't have to worry about aliens anymore.


After getting all dressed up....I went as a mean ol' mommy....we headed out to the annual Halloween parade. This parade was basically an hour and a half of candy. Candy being thrown from every kind of vehicle imaginable. This guy had his wife laid out in style. Every few minutes she would sit up and throw out some candy. This groups preformed the whole Thriller dance on a moving float. It was really good!! I hope they won something.
We won candy...good candy...not just some hard candy and a couple of tootsie rolls but GOOD candy!
I'm off to the gym now.....

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So you didn't actually have to trick or treat??? You just got to stand there and have the candy thrown at you?!?!??!?! I think you're on to something here...

All Natural Mama said...

Cool! A Halloween parade.
Lol, I told Ginger yesterday that I also needed to burn off the candy during her class.

Dawn said...

looks great