Thursday, November 12, 2009

Introducing the girls

Let me introduce you to my girls......this is Judy. The kids decided my mom needed a chicken named after her in her honor.

My bestest buddy Farmerfoley sold us all the chickens so we decided they should all (but Judy) be named after her and her family. Seems logical, right? This is Ada...she is named after Aiden, Farmerfoley's son.
Meet Sarah...she is the blond with the small comb.
This is Matty...named after Matthew. Matty is a little larger than the other hens. This is Elizabeth....named after the Farmerfoley herself. She is the blond with the large comb.

And this is where we ran out of Farmerfoley family members so we had to name one hen after Shelby the dog. I won't tell her she's named after a dog if you won't. After naming all the hens the next logical step is to decorate the hen house. I thought this cute little sign would not only be fun but might give the hens a hint at what they are supposed to be doing.....LAYING EGGS! All their northern sisters are already laying!
Sissy said if the sign doesn't work maybe we should put a picture of a fried chicken in the hen house. I had to sit down and wipe the tears from my eyes I was laughing so hard. She is getting more and more like Wednesday Addams everyday....haha!







6 comments:

Dawn said...

that's my girl!

jskippy11 said...

Sounds logical to me! Kids are so smart!

Rachel said...

That's great! You should scrapbook that!

Anonymous said...

She sure is thinking isn't she! Perhaps she should dress up as Wednesday for Halloween next year! Happy fresh egg eating once the production line starts working.

Jessica T

Liz Foley said...

So glad to see my girls are doing so well! They look quite content! Now if they will only get down to business...I told you you should have taken that rooster!
Oh yea - and I LOVE that sign!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm eggs!