Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grateful

I've been very grateful lately of all the time I've been able to spend on projects. No...they are not Picasso's but it's very satisfying to me to have the opportunity to sit and create little things during the day. Gets my mind off the messes to be cleaned up or the fights I need to break up.
I need that outlet.
I'm grateful for little one's help around the (dare I say?) farm. This is our new chicken house and it used to house all the outdoor toys. The girls are all still doing fine. After we start free-ranging them (letting them run loose and poop all over the yard) I'll get individual pictures of each of them and let you in on all their names. Saw a fox near the yard yesterday so I'm a little worried about their safety. We'll see what happens I guess. I'm grateful for the kid's desire to draw and make things........even if it means I usually have yet ANOTHER mess to clean up. I'm just grateful today.......

what are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awww, that's so sweet! I didn't know you had chickens. We used to have chickens when we were growing up, and there's nothing better than fresh chicken eggs!